Thursday, June 14, 2018

My Planet Writing

Create and Describe Your Own Planet -
Description writing task
Term 2 Weeks 5-6


Purpose of this piece of writing is to:


Learning Intentions
I am learning to use language features to make my writing interesting and engaging for the reader.
I am learning to use topic-specific vocabulary.
I am learning to include Te Reo Māori words in my writing.


I will be successful when I can show….
-I have used some language features to make my writing interesting and engaging (simile, metaphor, alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhyme)
-I have carefully chosen some topic specific words to include in my writing.
-I have used some Te Reo Māori


Focus


We are continuing to look at descriptive writing.
This week you are writing a descriptive piece of writing to promote your imaginary planet.
You aim is to convince people to move to your planet.
You
want your writing to allow the reader to be able to imagine what it is like on your planet.


First, we will look at an excerpt of a video describing the moon from the Avatar movie.
Click here to get to video= Pandora.


Second,
we will discuss together what you will need in your work to make it successful and look at
how to plan our work.
Then you will plan your work and check with a teacher before you start writing.


Third, do your piece of writing.

Fourth, complete you piece of writing. Remember to proofread (check spelling and punctuation) and edit
(does it make sense? do you need to change any sentences?)
yourself and with a buddy and fill in your self and peer-assessment.
Check it with a teacher.


Earthoropis


100 million light years away from Earth there is a planet called Eathoropis in a galaxy called The Tree Trunk Star Galaxy.

There are many different types of creatures and aliens on my planet and also lots of friendly mutants. They also have different types of names for each creature.

You can only get there by a magical flying bus that can teleport to other dimensions. There is only five of these buses in the whole entire universe. You will be lucky to get to look at this planet.

My whole planet is basically huge cities like Tilted Towers and many other big cities.

If you do make it there you will be totally safe because the atmosphere there is the exact same as  Ao (Earth). That's how all the humans and creatures survive on the planet.


The End

By Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.